It is a great privilege for me to present to you the ministry of Christian education provided through Greenbrier Christian Academy. The Academy was founded in 1983 for the purpose of training young people who desire to receive their educational training in harmony with their personal faith in Jesus Christ. Since our inception, we have strived to provide a quality academic education within a Christian environment.
The Academy has stepped forward with great purpose and resolve to meet the challenge of providing a well-rounded education within the boundaries of Christian principles taught in God’s Word, the Bible. Our primary focus and desire as a school is to guide our students to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to teach them the foundational and academic principles of education in light of the desires of our Almighty God.
Please examine the attached information closely to make sure that your desires as a parent are in harmony with the mission and desires of GCA. If they are the same, we can work together in harmony to provide a truly Christian education for your student. Our faculty and staff will work hand in hand with you to provide the best possible education for your student. Please feel confident that your interests are ours as well.
In Dr. Glen Schultz’s book, "Kingdom Education," Lorin Bourguin, a Christian school parent states:
Choosing a school which your child will attend is often a very difficult task. Each year as you prayerfully contemplate this crucial decision, may I encourage you to seek not what is good for your children, but what is best. Seek not what is important, but what is essential. Seek not glamour, but godliness. Seek not a place that gives your children opportunities to socialize; seek first that which gives your children opportunities for servant hood. Seek not to increase their fun; seek to increase their faith. Seek not tools to make them rich; seek first to give them tools to make them righteous. Parents, seek not what makes your kids happy; seek first what makes your kids holy. Seek first the kingdom of heaven and His righteousness, and then sit back and claim God’s promise that every single thing your children need to fulfill God’s perfect plan for their lives will be given unto them. (Bourguin, qtd. in Schultz, p.152)
I want to thank you for prayerfully choosing Greenbrier Christian Academy as your partner in the education of your student. May our work together produce students that are a testimony for our Lord Jesus Christ.
H. Ron White
Thank you for your interest in our school. Scroll down or click one of the links for more information.
|Mission Statement||Statement of Faith||History of GCA|
|Demographics||Directions to GCA||Tuition Information||GCA P2-K Parent Handbook|
|GCA 1-12 Student Handbook|
Since 1983, Greenbrier Christian Academy has served the Hampton Roads area as an independent Christian school, providing a Christ-centered, biblically based education for students in preschool and K5-12th grade. GCA is a non-denominational ministry offering a challenging academic program while at the same time endeavoring to foster spiritual, physical, and emotional growth in our students.
With the Word of God as our foundation, Greenbrier Christian Academy exists in support of the local church to partner with parents to provide a Christ-centered education that:
- Gives the student the opportunity to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10)
- Challenges them to excel academically (Proverbs 1:7)
- Provides programs that disciple them to increase in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The basis of Greenbrier Christian Academy shall be the Word of God. The following statement of faith is derived there of:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. II Timothy 3:16-17 (Also II Peter 1:19-21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I am the LORD, and there is no other; there is no God besides Me. Isaiah 45:5 (Also Matthew 28:19; Acts 5:3, 4; Colossians 2:9)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, His teachings, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 14 (Also Acts 1:11; Philippians 2:6-11)
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit: to convict and regenerate the lost and to indwell the Christian, enabling him to live a godly life.
And I will pray to the Father; and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. John 14:16-17 (Also John 6:8, 13)
5. We believe that salvation for lost and sinful man comes only by God's grace through faith in the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, his burial and his resurrection from the grave thereby conquering death and providing eternal life for believers.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (Also Romans 3:21-28; Titus 3:5-7; Acts 16:31)
6. We believe in the resurrection from the dead of both the saved and the lost: the saved unto the resurrection of life with Christ; and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal judgment apart from Christ.
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth; those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29 (Also Matthew 25:41-46; Revelation 21:1-8)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ through the practice of consistent worship in a local church.
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together; as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25 (Also Ephesians 5:23-32; I Corinthians 12:12-27)
8. We believe that God has ordained marriage between a man and a woman as our basic unit of social order. According to scripture, marriage is defined only with one meaning: The uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in God's word, the Bible. (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God intends the gift of sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7: 2-5 and Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God's command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between man and a woman.
9. We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complimentary genders together reflect the true image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The Board of Directors of Greenbrier Christian Academy holds the final authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice and discipline.
Greenbrier Christian Academy is located in the Greenbrier/Great Bridge area of Chesapeake, Virginia. Chesapeake is part of the greater Tidewater/Hampton Roads region whose total population is approximately 1 million people. The school location conveniently borders the neighboring cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth, and is in easily reachable distance from Suffolk. The region is a large metropolitan community in southeastern Virginia and is home to a broad range of industrial and professional services. The largest naval installation in the United States is located in Norfolk.
Greenbrier Christian Academy is racially non-discriminatory and provides equal opportunities to all students.
DIRECTIONS to GREENBRIER CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
311 Kempsville Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320 - Phone: (757)547-9595
When coming from Suffolk, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, or Hampton via 64:
Take the Battlefield Blvd. South exit,
Drive approximately 3 miles to the intersection of Kempsville Rd. and S. Battlefield Blvd.,
Turn left onto Kempsville Rd.,
Drive approximately half of a mile to the first stoplight,
Turn left into the campus.
When coming from South Chesapeake or North Carolina via 168:
Take the 168 by-pass heading north,
Take the Kempsville Rd. exit 12,
Merge left immediately to turn into the campus at the first stoplight,
Turn left into the campus.